Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update on Barb

Dear Prayer Warriors,

Here is the latest update on Barb. Yesterday, Monday, was her first chemo. Her husband Erik and sister Ruth were with her throughout the long day of treatment. She did well and had a good night of sleep. She has done well today and has been up a good part of the day as the doctors do not want her just staying in bed, only resting when she needs to. She and Erik took a good walk together today. She has not had any nausea for which we are thankful. Her major side effects to this point have been a little difficulty in inital swallowing but once she has taken a few bites that goes away. She also is experiencing nerve sensations particularly in her hands and is wearing gloves to avoid touching anything cold. The same is true for drinking and eating, things must be warm or hot.

Joan flew down today and will be with Barb and family for the next two weeks. I get to talk with and see them all on Skype so that is helpful in keeping me connected. We do continue to rejoice over the one positive thing that we have heard from the doctors and that is that the CT scan done in December and the one done last week showed no further spreading of the cancer nor any detectable growth in the affected areas. We feel this as a real answer to prayer. We continue to be amazed, humbled and so grateful for the worldwide Body of Christ who are praying for Barb and for the whole family.

6 comments:

The Ohlson Herald said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos of Barb and the updates so we can be praying for her daily.

Much love from me, Joan

Jenny said...

This is such a great way of keeping up with you all - and especially dear Barb!!!

Love you all heaps,
Jenny in Australia

Janet said...

Dear Dave and Joan,
This is my first time ever to 'blog'. Thanks for getting me into the modern era.
I just wanted to tell you that as I read this today, even though I hear your praise and trust woven through it all, I am still sitting here crying. I am so sorry for this suffering. But I have caught God's presence in the trial as I read your words. So we rejoice in, and keep on trusting him for your beloved child.
Jan Crowell

Norm Purvis said...

So glad for your blog site, Patricia and I want to keep up and be praying. -Norm

Traveling Man said...

Dave and Joan,
Thanks for giving me the privilege of standing with you in prayer. May God's sustaining power keep you at each step along the way. We continue to lift Barb up in prayer.
Love,
Alan

Mng jo said...

Praying for you...THANKS for keeping us posted. (Remind uswhen you put something new up!)
We love you!
Mng jo