Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dear Praying Family,

This is a difficult posting for us because it deals with set backs in our daughter Barbara's battle with cancer. The last few days have been especially difficult and unexpected. Your ongoing prayers are critical and vital at this time.

Barb, through her husband Erik, posted the following on her caring bridge site this afternoon.

"The cross that Jesus has asked me to bear has gotten heavier. Sunday after Church I experienced a seizure and Erik called 911. Paramedics incorrectly concluded I had a panic attack. I tried to carry on as normal but Monday I had another seizure. Erik took me to my primary care doctor who then sent me to the ER. I was admitted to the hospital and I am still here. I had a CT scan & an MRI which revealed a new lesion in the posterior portion of my brain's frontal lobe. We are waiting for the consultation with the neuro-surgeon to ascertain the next move medically. I have lost some function on the right side of my body, especially my right arm and hand. Thankfully I am left handed. I am presently on anti-seizure meds, but had another seizure about an hour ago. Please keep us & the doctors in your prayers. Love Barb (typed by Erik)

Thank you for standing with Barb and the whole family at this difficult time. While this is not an easy time we continue to rely on God who has told us in Mark 10:27 "Jesus looked at them and said 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.'"

Love & prayers

Dave & Joan

No comments: