Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Praying Family,

Some of you may have heard by now that Barb's post operation CT/PET scans revealed ongoing cancer activity in her liver and lungs. Here is what she wrote on her blog. "Dearest ones, Thanks to all of you who prayed as I saw the Dr. today (Tuesday). He was upbeat despite the bad scan results. He wants to start me back on the heavy doses of chemo I was originally on. He said they worked amazingly well the first time and he expects them to do the same again. He acknowledged that real miracles and cures come from God's hands. He says after three months of treatment and another CT/PET scan he will advise lung surgery and possibly radiated beads to the liver. He says I am in a "brave new frontier" as there is nothing to compare my case with. I have the evidence of God's mercies to look back on and I can SEE the tender way HE has cared for me. So I know with confidence HE will see me through this round.It is through YOU, HE has ministered to me and I am forever grateful! Thanks for the amazing encouragement you give through this blog, e-mails, phone calls, visits, etc. I could not do this alone and thanks to the family of God I do not have to. You are all angels! A verse sent today by a person I never met yet she is praying for me: Psalm 96:16 "With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation". Praise with us for the hope we have and pray as I begin chemo that God will use the treatment to kill all cancer in my body. Praise for the fabulous summer I have experienced and all the wonderful times with the kids and pray that they will continue to see God's mercy even though their mom will be 'sick again'. I am not sure when chemo will start as the Dr. wants me to have a colonoscopy first as that was the original site of the cancer. I will keep you posted so you can pray specifically. All my gratitude, Barbara "


Barb will once again not only need the ongoing prayer support but she will need practical assistance especially during the week after the administration of the strong chemo drugs. Joan will once again make the necessary trips to California to help with the five grandkids and to be a source of support and encouragement to Barb and Erik. Thanks so much for your prayers for her and for the entire family.

I don't believe that we have mentioned here on the blog what wonderful times we had with our friends David and Muriel Standing from the UK who were here with us for a month, mid-June to mid-July. Life has been really busy since they left, getting caught up with a back log of work here in the Calgary office.

We go to Orlando. FL next week to attend a North American Forum of Bible Agencies. During that time we will also visit Jim and Jan Holsclaw, our son-in-law Jon's parents. Jan also has been battling cancer for almost 2 years now and just recently got out of the hospital for treatment of some serious infections. Her cancer counts have been elevated recently but she has not been on chemo as her CT/PET scans have not shown any activity to this point in time so the Dr. does not want to put her chemo until he is sure of what it is he is treating. Please be praying for Jan and Jim as they walk this similar road. We will also be visiting a supporting church in Starke, FL on this trip as well. Pray for safety as we travel and as we have opportunity to show the love of Christ to others.

Love & Prayers

Dave & Joan

1 comment:

devin jones said...

omg thats amazing how u guys are dealing with the situation